Click the link below to sign-up for this unique season of basketball and read on to see what this year will offer:
This season will look a bit different than years past but offers flexibility during a pandemic. First and foremost we want to ensure that all families understand that we take the health and well-being of our players and their families very seriously. Sports offer an outlet during a stressful time which is very important but we are asking all families to commit to refraining from attending practice if anyone in their household has any symptoms of COVID. We are also hoping that you spread the word about our program, especially to 3rd-grade families!
Phase I plans: 10/12-11/25
· Registration will remain open through 10/11.
· There is no sign-up fee. The registration cost for this season is $0!
· We are asking families to sell face masks for a fundraiser. More details provided within the registration. There will be prizes for top sellers. There is also a buy-out option.
· We are asking all families to sign a COVID waiver during registration.
· Practices will begin the week of 10/12 and for the first 2 weeks will use the open gym format scheduling specific dates/times for each grade level on the main page of our website.
Beginning the week of 10/26 we will:
· Continue practices – schedules to be shared by coaches
· Start scheduling inner program scrimmages
· Teams during this phase will be determined by coaches and may include different grade levels (example- 7th & 8th graders playing on one team against a similar team)
· We will communicate details about uniforms at a later date. For now, if you have an old uniform that still fits- great! Otherwise, players can wear any reversible jersey you have at home.
We are asking everyone for flexibility and patience. Our schedule could be disrupted at any time by the rescheduling of other sporting events or administrative decisions by the district related to COVID. Our goal is to get the girls in the gym, grow basketball skills and friendships, and have fun! We are also very eager to get to work with Coach Russom! The Board will be continuously monitoring the ever-changing environment and we will communicate Phase II for KGBA at a later time with the hope that we can play competitively against other programs. Please contact any board member with questions you have about our unique new season ahead! All board member contact information can be found here on our website.
The face mask designs pictured are available for $10 each as part of our KGBA fundraiser. Please contact any player or board member if you are interested in purchasing.
The KGBA is sharing an app with our program that our players can use to get in some workouts at home. It’s an interactive and intuitive app that has a lot of cool features. We’ve purchased a 90 day trial so if your daughter is interested use the link below to sign-up. Once signed up you will receive a text that will include a link for sign up through KGBA. One suggestion is to download the app to the device your daughter will use during their workouts.
Who: KASD girls in grades 3-8 with an interest in basketball
What: FREE basketball camp and t-shirt
Where: Kaukauna High School Field House
When: Postponed! Date and time TBD following Covid-19 mask mandate
Despite the unusual circumstances we are living in today, our basketball program plans continue on! Therefore we are looking ahead to the coaching needs for our 2020-2021 season. If you are interested in being a head or assistant coach at one of our youth levels grades 3 through 8, please complete the coaching application using the following link. We are especially in need of coaches for 3rd grade! Thank you for your consideration in fulfilling this important role!
The Kaukauna Girls Basketball Association (KGBA) is an all volunteer organization funding grade school through high school girls basketball programs in the Kaukauna Area School District – both public and parochial. The KGBA was established in 2005 in efforts to promote the importance and value of sportsmanship, team work, dedication, and wellness, all while having fun learning basketball, growing and forging friendships, and learning valuable life lessons. We consider our TEAM to include all players, coaches, and parents.
Thank You Sponsors!